With the effective date of ASC 842, Leases, right around the corner, companies are running out of time develop their implementation plans. In this one-hour overview course, we’ll review the key accounting aspects of ASC 842, primarily from a lessee’s perspective. The course will review lease classification, measuring and recording lease liabilities and related assets, and subsequent accounting for both finance and operating leases. The course will also discuss transition accounting for ASC 842 and provide examples of the new disclosures required under the new standard.
This course is the one-stop shop to get all the basic information about this standard before it’s too late.
- Comprehend and apply the FASB’s comprehensive new lease accounting guidance found in ASU No. 2016-02, Leases (Topic 842)
- Recall operational issues in adopting the new lease accounting standard
- ASU No. 2016-02, Leases (Topic 842)
- Overall lease accounting guidance
- Lessor Accounting 101
- Detailed review of accounting by lessees
- Transition guidance
- Recently issued updates to the lease accounting guidance
Practicing CPAs and their staffs, both in public accounting and business and industry – controllers, accountants, and other financial accounting personnel involved in financial statement preparation and review
Experience in financial accounting and reporting
You will receive an email from Surgent’s office with instructions to access this product. Note: This self-study product is a webcast with a test.
Non-Member Price $69.00
Member Price $49.00