Friday, September ___ from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
CTCPA Education Center, Rocky Hill
Accounting Educators: Help Your Students Get Hired!
Your school is invited to hand-pick your best and brightest accounting students to participate in CTCPA’s successful Interview Day program. Students will have the opportunity to interview with up to 10 companies in one day at this unique event at the CTCPA Education Center in Rocky Hill.
How Does It Work?
1. Accounting faculty select students from their school to participate in the program.
2. Students will be asked to submit a resume, essay, and information sheet.
3. Employers will review the student information and select the individuals they would like to interview.
4. Students will be asked to confirm their interest in the firms requesting interviews.
5. We’ll schedule up to 10 35-minute interviews for each student at the CTCPA Education Center in Rocky Hill.
Student Eligibility Requirements
- Anticipated graduation dates of December 2020, May 2021, December 2021, or May 2022
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must not already have a work commitment
- Must be a U.S. citizen
We’re looking for motivated, high-quality students who will best represent your school to the profession’s hiring managers.
Educator Participation Responsibilities
1. Select students from your school to participate.
2. Collect and return student participation information by September __ at noon. Educators should collect the following required materials from each student and submit them via email to Lisa Bugryn at email@example.com:
- The Student Information Form (fillable PDF document). Please download and distribute the form electronically to each of the students you have selected to participate. Students should complete the form electronically.
(Using Firefox? Be sure to select "Open with a Different Viewer" on the top right of your screen and open the PDF in Adobe Reader to enable fillable PDF functionality.)
- A professional resume
- An essay explaining why he or she chose to pursue a career in accounting (no more than 300 words).
3. Ensure students adhere to the September _____ and September __ interview confirmation deadlines.
Students will be notified via email and required to confirm their interest in the companies requesting interviews by Wednesday, September_____. Final interview appointment schedules will be emailed and must be confirmed by students on Monday, September ______.
Due to the time-sensitive nature of this event, some quick turnaround will be required during the interview scheduling process. Educators will be cc'd on any email communications with students and should ensure that students adhere to the program deadlines.
Students who do not adhere to the deadlines will forfeit the opportunity to participate in Interview Day.
CTCPA cannot guarantee that all students will receive interviews and/or job/internship offers. Selection is at the sole discretion of the companies' hiring managers.