Compilation and review issues have dominated the profession during the past few years. This program addresses these changes and current performance requirements in the compilation and review literature such that practitioners will be able to perform these services in compliance with SSARS, while applying best practices for both efficiency and effectiveness.
- SSARS standards
- Compilation performance requirements
- Review performance requirements
- Documentation for compilations and reviews
- Special purpose frameworks financial statements
- Legal liability concerns and issues
- How to perform and document analytical procedures appropriately, including developing expectations
- Independence and the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
- Non-attest services
- Common issues raised in peer reviews
Basic familiarity with SSARS standards
Practitioners who perform compilation and review engagements for non-public entities.
- Identify the performance requirements in the SSARS standards
- Effectively perform compilation, review, and preparation engagements utilizing the most recent guidance in effect
- Efficiently document compilations and reviews
- Identify best practices when performing compilation and review engagements
- Address special purpose frameworks when performing compilation and review engagements
By registering for this program and, accordingly, receiving the eMaterials, you're acknowledging that you understand both the copyright restrictions on your eMaterials and the CTCPA cancellation policy.
Kenneth Heaslip, MS, MBA, CPA, CGMA, licensed as a CPA in New Jersey, is a discussion leader and Content Specialist Instructor for Loscalzo Associates Ltd., a division of SmartPros, a Kaplan company. Kenn has extensive experience teaching all levels of accounting, auditing, and other practice-related areas. He has served as Vice President and Trustee of the New Jersey Society of CPAs, Secretary of their Scholarship Fund, President of the Essex Chapter, and chair of several task forces. He is an active member of many society committees in accounting and auditing, taxation, and student programs, as well as past chair of the Educators Committee. Kenn currently serves on the NJCPA Professional Conduct Committee. He is a Director at Leaf, Miele, Manganelli, Fortunato & Engel LLP, a regional CPA firm in New Jersey and New York City.
Kenn has been a Professor of Accounting at Bloomfield College and Kean University, as well as an Executive in Residence at Seton Hall University, where he was the students’ choice as Educator of the Year two years in a row. He taught in the Executive MBA program at Rutgers University and has been with Becker CPA Review since 1983, serving as National Director for several years. As National Director, he was lead editor of course content and oversaw the hiring and training of 350 instructors on staff. Kenn has lectured extensively throughout the United States, Canada, and Asia.
Kenn earned his BA from Rutgers University and has an MS in taxation and MBA in finance from Seton Hall University.
Non-Member Price $394.00
Member Price $269.00