Tax practitioners have been hard-pressed to keep up with changes brought about by the FFCRA, CARES Act, CAA 2021, and ARPA. In this course, tax advisors will be fully updated on the most important legislative and regulatory developments of the season as well as major trends and changes in the case law, with a view toward planning considerations. This course is continually updated to reflect enacted legislation.
- A new supplement discusses major provisions of The Build Back Better Act as introduced by the House Ways and Means Committee in September 2021
- Equity Awards and Compensation
- ARPA and Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 provisions related to expanded child and family tax credits, RRF grants, FFCRA credits, and year-end tax extenders
- SBA PPP Forgiveness and EIDL loans
- The CARES Act changes to §163(j), §461(I), and NOL rules
- Economic Impact Payments and the Recovery Rebate Credit
- Donor Advised Funds
- Is the "Employee vs Independent Contractor" conundrum about to explode?
- A comprehensive view of Cryptocurrency, including important tax considerations
- Detailed review of Loss Limitation Rules
- Practice aids, including all the numbers applicable for the current year -- inflation-adjusted amounts, mileage rates, retirement contributions, and more
- Advanced practice, reporting, and other issues intertwined with advanced planning and discussion ideas
- The latest issues related to any other late-breaking tax law changes
Experience with individual and business clients
CPAs who need to know the latest tax law changes in all areas of practice, whether newly licensed or a seasoned professional.
- Understand the latest tax law changes
- Understand strategies and techniques for individuals to use in light of tax changes
- Understand current cases and rulings affecting individuals and businesses
By registering for this program and, accordingly, receiving the eMaterials, you're acknowledging that you understand both the copyright restrictions on your eMaterials and the CTCPA cancellation policy.
Susan Smith, CPA
Susan Smith manages her own firm specializing in tax planning for individuals and business owners and is also a frequent speaker at tax conferences. Smith was a Senior Manager in the tax departments of Price Waterhouse and Peat Marwick (the predecessor of KPMG). While at Price Waterhouse, she also held the national specialist designation for the real estate and partnership tax practices. During her time at Peat Marwick, Smith led the real estate and tax practices locally. She was an associate adjunct professor at Widener University in the master’s taxation program. Her ratings have consistently exceeded 4.8 on a scale of 5.0. Smith is a four-time recipient of the James L. McCoy Discussion Leader of the Year Award for excellence in teaching. And in 2015, 2016, and 2018, she received the Surgent Outstanding Discussion Leader Award because of her consistently high evaluations for knowledge and presentation skills. Smith earned her Bachelor of Business Administration degree with an accounting concentration, from the University of Toledo.
Non-Member Price $394.00
Member Price $269.00