Since Congress’s passage of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, many clients and businesses are highly focused on the impact of taxes and tax rates on their bottom line. Make sure your clients are protecting themselves from higher taxes. Completely updated for tax law changes and Tax Court decisions, this course will bring you up-to-date on the latest strategies which will preserve your clients’ wealth and ensure your role as a trusted adviser to your clients! Get the latest techniques for building and conserving wealth through proactive tax-planning and investment strategies.
- Impact of Supreme Court's rejections of Defense of Marriage Act
- New 0.9% and 3.8% Medicare taxes
- Mutual fund tax strategies
- All about Roth IRAs-including strategies for self-employed individuals and estate planners
- The 100% gain exclusion for qualified small business stock
- Personal residence transactions-including short sales and foreclosures
- Reverse mortgages can save taxes on greatly appreciated residences
- Converting personal residences into rentals: tax implications
- Tax-saving ideas for self-employed clients-including ways to reduce SE and FICA taxes, strategies for husband-wife businesses, depreciation breaks and much more
- Tax angles for vacation homes, timeshares, and co-ownership arrangements
- Divorcing clients-tax angles are critically important
- State-of-the-art tax planning for college expenses
- Employer stock options: tax planning moves
Basic knowledge of individual income taxation
CPAs looking for innovative tax planning techniques to help clients fight higher taxes
- Recall how to increase client wealth by focusing on tax-saving opportunities not considered in the past.
- Apply tax-planning moves in light of new and recent tax developments.
- Recognize ways to protect your client from tax pitfalls.
- Recall anticipated possible tax legislation and determine how to position your clients for financial success.
By registering for this program and, accordingly, receiving the eMaterials, you're acknowledging that you understand both the copyright restrictions on your eMaterials and the CTCPA cancellation policy.AICPA members take $30 off the registration fee
William F. Murphy, CPA/PFS, ABV, CFF, CVA Murphy Financial Group, P.C. / Carmel, IN
William F. Murphy is the owner of Murphy Financial Group, P.C. The firm emphasizes in providing tax consulting and financial planning services to corporations and professional practices in the State of Indiana. He also provides consultation services on tax and financial planning issues to various news and publishing organizations on current tax law changes occurring within federal and state government.
Mr. Murphy is also associated with the law firm of Mallor Grodner LLP. The firm has offices located in both Indianapolis and Bloomington Indiana. He assists in providing tax, valuation and financial analysis services focusing in the areas of Family law and business transactions. In addition to being a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Mr. Murphy holds the accreditation in business valuations as an Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV). Mr. Murphy also holds the designation of a Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) and Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) awarded by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Mr. Murphy also holds the designation of Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) awarded by the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysis. In addition to these organizations, Bill has appeared as an expert witness in numerous cases involving marital and business disputes and has lectured extensively on valuation and tax issues for the National Business Institute, Western CPE, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum, Indiana CPA Society, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, and the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts, as well as for other local continuing educational programs. He is a member and former chairman of the Ethics Committee for the Indiana CPA Society. Bill also holds an Indiana Insurance License and is involved with several financial planning organizations.
Prior to Bill’s association with the law firm of Mallor Grodner LLP he owned Murphy & Company, P.C. for over twenty five years (the predecessor of Murphy Financial Group P.C.). While at Murphy & Company, P.C. he was Director of Entrepreneurial and Tax Services and was the firm’s majority shareholder. The firm specialized in taxation, business valuations and small business development. Prior to establishing his own firm in 1982 Mr. Murphy worked with both local and national CPA firms. Bill is also a former director with the Indiana Attorney General’s Office while attending Indiana University law school.
Non-Member Price $394.00
Member Price $269.00