This highly informative course comprehensively covers all the latest tax law developments. The focus is on individual taxation and discussion of the planning opportunities practitioners need to understand to help clients respond effectively. You will come away from the course with the up-to-date knowledge to educate your individual tax clients and implement tax-saving ideas that will serve their ever-evolving needs.
- The SECURE Act, including IRA and RMD changes
- The CARES Act and FFCRA, including employer credits, SBA loans, and expanded leave programs
- Treatment of state and local taxes
- Virtual currency
- Opportunity Zones
- Education-related provisions
- Depreciation changes
- Rules on entertainment expenses, including meals
- Doubling of estate and gift tax exemption for a married couple
- Comprehensive coverage of tax reform, 199A and its alteration of pass-through taxation and planning
- Review of pertinent cases and rulings affecting taxpayers
- Practice aids, including all the numbers applicable for the current year -- inflation-adjusted amounts, mileage rates, retirement contributions, and more
- The latest issues related to any other late-breaking tax law changes
Experience in individual tax planning
All tax practitioners, both those working in public accounting as well as those in private industry, who need the latest information on tax changes affecting their individual clients
- Understand strategies and tactics to use in light of new legislation
- Understand the most current guidance on retirement planning
- Understand how to nail down valuable deductions and other reductions to the tax base
By registering for this program and, accordingly, receiving the eMaterials, you’re acknowledging that you understand both the copyright restrictions on your eMaterials and the CTCPA cancellation policy.
WILLIAM F. (Bill) TAYLOR, CPA Water Valley, Mississippi
William F. (Bill) Taylor, CPA is President of Lifetime Financial Solutions, LLC, a financial coaching firm, and a CPA in private practice. Since retiring as Community Bank President of Renasant Bank in Water Valley, MS, he has served as an adjunct assistant professor in the MBA program at the University of Mississippi. Bill has worked in the employee benefit and investment fields for over 25 years, beginning his career as the Employee Benefits Coordinator in the Jackson, MS, office of KPMG Peat Marwick and managing his own firm since 1999. A nationally known consultant and speaker, Bill has conducted seminars for the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries, CPA and bar associations in 45 states, and many private organizations. He has been awarded both the AICPA Outstanding Discussion Leader award and the James L. McCoy Discussion Leader of the Year Award from Surgent CPE. Bill is the author of Taxation of Employee Benefits Volume I and Volume II, and his articles have appeared in numerous publications.
Non-Member Price $394.00
Member Price $269.00