This year is indeed another year of significant change in the world of nonprofit accounting and auditing. Time is valuable, and it’s hard to stay current in today’s rapidly changing environment. Let us save you time and effort in staying current through this informative update course. The course materials utilize a highly illustrative and innovative format. Over 30 focused exercises are included to provide an enhanced working knowledge of the latest developments in nonprofit accounting and auditing.
- Implementing the new Yellow Book Developing issues related to performing single audits under the OMB's Uniform Guidance for Federal Awards Key
- AICPA developments affecting audits of nonprofits including SAS No. 134, Auditor Reporting and Amendments, Including Amendments
- Addressing Disclosures in the Auditor Reporting Statements, and SAS 135, Omnibus Statement on Auditing Standards--2019
- Prepare for the implementation of the new FASB ASU on grants, contracts, and contributions (i.e., ASU No. 2018-08, Clarifying the Scope and the Accounting Guidance for Contributions Received and Contributions Made)
- Develop a deeper understanding of the effects that ASU No. 2016-02, Leases, will have on nonprofits
Knowledge of nonprofit accounting and auditing
Auditors and industry professionals working in the nonprofit environment
- Keep up with the latest developments at the GAO, OMB, AICPA, and FASB
- Ensure that your accounting and auditing skills stay up-to-date with current requirements
- Be prepared for major changes on the horizon
By registering for this program and, accordingly, receiving the eMaterials, you're acknowledging that you understand both the copyright restrictions on your eMaterials and the CTCPA cancellation policy.
MARGARET SHAW THOMAS, CPA, MHA, CGMA (Licensed as a CPA in Georgia and North Carolina)
Marci Thomas, MHA, CPA, CGMA, licensed as a CPA in Georgia and North Carolina, is an author and nationally recognized speaker on various accounting and auditing topics to companies, nonprofits, CPA firms, and state societies of CPAs around the country. A frequent speaker at local, regional, and national conferences, she also writes and teaches courses in governance, financial management, grants accounting, strategy, and various operational topics. Marci is a clinical assistant professor in the School of Public Health at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She works with numerous accounting firms, performing quality control and efficiency reviews; and with boards on strategic planning, internal control, and governance issues. Marci serves on the Not-for-Profit Committee for the North Carolina Association of CPAs. Marci has written and co-written several books, including Essentials of Physician Practice Management, published by Jossey Bass in 2004. Her book Best of Boards: Sound Governance and Leadership for Nonprofit Organizations was published by the AICPA and Wiley Publishing in 2018 and is on its second printing. Her book on health care financial management was published by Wiley Publishing in 2014, with a new edition expected in 2020. Marci received her Bachelor in Business Administration with a concentration in accounting from the Georgia State University and her Masters in Health Administration from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill..
Non-Member Price $394.00
Member Price $269.00