Clients often ask their tax advisors whether they have the “best” pension plan and whether they are using it to its maximum advantage. This program explains how various pension plans work and analyzes why a small or medium-sized business owner would choose one plan over another.
- Factors business owners should take into account when choosing a retirement plan in light of SECURE Act changes
- SIMPLE Plans Simplified Employee Pension Plans 401(k) plans
- Defined benefit plans
- Ensuring eligible employees are covered Employees' impact on choice of plan
- Ongoing compliance requirements
- Tax filing requirements
- Establishing a plan after the tax year end!
- Changes to Safe Harbor 401(k) plans Pooled Employer Plans!
Basic individual income taxation rules
Any tax practitioner who will advise a business owner about selecting a pension plan for his or her business
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of the major pension-planning options for small- and medium-sized business owners in light of SECURE Act changes in pension plan rules
- Help clients evaluate pension plan options and select the best pension-planning option for them for 2021 and beyond
By registering for this program and, accordingly, receiving the eMaterials, you’re acknowledging that you understand both the copyright restrictions on your eMaterials and the CTCPA cancellation policy.
Mike Frost, CPA, of Jacksonville, Alabama, provides tax consulting, continuing education, and motivational speaking services through his company, Mike Frost Enterprises. Mike is a former shareholder of MDA Professional Group, PC, where he managed the tax department of the Albertville office. Mike has 31 years of experience in public accounting, including but not limited to: Business and individual income tax preparation and planning; mergers and acquisitions; estate, gift, and trust tax preparation; small business consulting; Medicare planning and other elder care; audit representation; and religious groups and clergy. Mike has conducted CPE engagements and seminars throughout the United States and has served as technical advisor for tax articles in The Sand Mountain Reporter, a local newspaper. Mike has been a featured presenter at the Alabama Society of CPAs Annual Meeting and the Federal Tax Clinic held annually at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. Mike graduated with “high honors and distinction” from Jacksonville State University with a major in accounting, a minor in finance, and a 4.0 GPA. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants. In addition, he is a graduate of the Tax Planning and Advising for Closely Held Businesses Certificate of Educational Achievement Program sponsored by the AICPA.
Non-Member Price $114.00
Member Price $79.00