Clients think that estate planning only applies to the very rich. In truth, there are many issues of critical concern for which the middle-income client needs to plan. This course is a must-attend for all CPAs who work with middle-income clients and are looking for ways to provide additional quality services. Continually updated with the latest guidance.
NOTE: This product is a downloadable PDF of the course manual. Upon reading the course materials, you will complete an online exam and receive CPE credit with a passing grade of 70% or higher.
- More than 20 documents that should be reviewed that are neither a will nor trust
- Applicable rates, and tactics that may be used to minimize them
- Reducing the impact of ancillary administration
- Provisions you need in a will
- When a trust is needed for children
- Durable powers of attorney, for financial matters and for healthcare
- Realistic retirement goals
- Management of insurance: liability, disability, and life
- Dealing with marriage and divorce
- Titling assets effectively
- Avoiding the loss of capital and passive losses at death
- Portability of the deceased spouse’s unused exemption amount
- Developments relative to estate tax, and the implications for planning
CPAs who advise clients on estate tax planning
- Understand estate planning issues unrelated to federal tax planning
- Inventory the documents relevant to estate preservation
- Understand methods of providing for children and the spouse
You will receive an email from Surgent CPE with instructions to access this product.
Non-Member Price $250.00
Member Price $125.00