We now have the benefit of the completion of the first full tax season since the issuance of the largest overhaul to the tax code since 1986. The widespread changes affect many aspects of individual and business taxes, and your clients will be coming to you with a myriad of concerns and planning questions. Don't get caught off guard. This program will get you up-to-speed on all of the critical aspects of the new tax law and prepare you to effectively advise both your individual and business clients.
NOTE: This product is a downloadable PDF of the course manual. Upon reading the course materials, you will complete an online exam and receive CPE credit with a passing grade of 70% or higher.
- Reduction in individual and corporate tax rates
- Taxation of pass-through entities
- Deduction of home mortgage interest
- State and local tax deductions
- New alimony rules
- Standard deduction and itemized deductions
- Child tax credit
- Use of §529 accounts
- Survival of personal AMT and repeal of corporate AMT
- Estate and gift tax
- Bonus depreciation rules and expansion of §179
- Business interest
- Modification of NOL rules
- Practice aids, including all the numbers applicable for the current year -- inflation-adjusted amounts, mileage rates, retirement contributions, and more
- Any tax practitioner who wishes to understand the latest tax changes relating to individual taxpayers - Any tax practitioner who will be preparing 2019 income tax returns
- Understand and apply the categorical changes in the tax law brought about by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Understand and discuss the application of §199A
You will receive an email from Surgent CPE with instructions to access this product.
Non-Member Price $99.00
Member Price $49.00