background image
Connecticut CPA
January/February 2016
High schoolers experience a day in the life of an accounting major at the new "Accounting Is My Major" (AIM) events. page 22
Important Notice from the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services:
Earlier Due Date for CT-W-2 and W-3 Forms; Paper Form Filing May be Allowed in Some Cases
5 AICPA, CIMA Propose Deeper Partnership
8 FASB's Not-for-Profit Financial
Statements Project
10 New and Young Professionals to Watch
Meet the Class of 2015!
Ross A. Riskin, CPA/PFS, CCPS
Katherine Donovan, CPA
Tessa Jordan, CPA
Upcoming Programs and Events
15 CPE Calendar
16 Members-Only Meetings
Member Matters
6 JA in a Day:
18 Pr!me Kicks Off Programming for Professionals 35+
19 New and Young Professionals Leadership Conference
Prepares the Next Generation
20 Mingling & Merriment:
The New and Young Professionals Holiday Party
22 New `Accounting Is My Major' (AIM) Events Give High
Schoolers a Firsthand Look at College Accounting Life
23 CPA Careers Conference Draws More Than 300 High Schoolers
24 ClassifiedAdvertisements
25 Member News
26 Welcome, New Members!
27 Firm Moves and Promotions
28 Member Snapshots
Form CT-W-3 and federal Form W-2 must be submitted
by employers to the Connecticut DRS by January
31, 2016.
The Connecticut DRS requires all withholding forms
to be filed electronically. However, the Commissioner
a hardship for some employers with fewer than 24
employees. Because of this, the DRS has issued the
following statement for tax year 2015:
Electronic filing of Form CT-W-3 is required for all
employers. Paper copies may be submitted only if:
Employers issue less than 24 W-2 forms. (Due date is
January 31.) or
Employers issue less than 24 Form 1099-R, 1099-
MISC or W-2G. (Due date is February 28.)
Please note: Forms CT-W-3 and CT-1096 do not conform
If the due date falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday,
the next business day.
Taxpayers may key-in or upload annual withholding returns
using the DRS Taxpayer Service Center (TSC) website Step-by-step instructions are provided.
297-5962 or 800-382-9463 (outside Greater Hartford only).